Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day

I never knew my Grandpa Lender.  He passed away when my dad was only 4yrs old.  My dad has a few pictures of my grandpa but almost no pictures of the two of them together.  Earlier this year, I ran across a picture of my grandpa holding my dad when he was only 3wks old.  Unfortunately, it had see a lot of rough years & was in pretty bad shape.  I decided to fix it up & give it to my dad as a Father's Day gift.  One of the challenges was that the original photo was only a 2inch square.  I wanted to give my dad a framed picture that he could enjoy so I had to alter the properties just right, so that I could get a larger picture without loosing quality.  There was also a lot of damage done to my dad's face which took a bit of time. 

In the end, I was able to print the photograph as a 7inch square & I framed it in a 8x10 frame with a black mat.  I can't wait to give it to him on Sunday.

 
Before

 
After

No comments:

Post a Comment